Monday, January 20, 2014

Gluten Free Tapas Gitanas

I had Tapas once, about 5 years ago, and was not a fan, at all. Maybe it's what was ordered, or maybe it was the location, but I was not hurrying back to get more any time soon. My boyfriend mentioned a Tapas Restaurant near his house one day so I said I'd try it one more time. I'm glad I did, it's become a nice treat for a meal especially with our group of friends. Recently I got to suggest a place to go for a holiday outing.

We were originally going to a different restaurant but they refused to respond to my questions if they could do gluten free. I had seen that Tapas Gitana even noted on the menu which items were Vegan and which were Gluten Free. I was sold by that allow, I love full disclosure. I printed out the menu while at work and got to highlighting which dishes I'd like to try and shared with my boyfriend for his input. 

When we sat down I mentioned to our server that I had a gluten intolerance and that I would be ordering strictly gluten free, and if there were any changes that needed to be made to the dishes I'd like to know. He was very pleasant and kind and said everything was as marked. (Score!)

We had to get the bacon wrapped dates. These are a favorite of ours every time we see them on menu. They came with a side of olives too. :)



I realized eating and drinking, and several rounds for Tapas... I forgot to take another photo until we got to dessert! We felt like we ordered half the menu. There were so many good options not only was this a filling meal, it was a long meal. We honestly were there 3 hours. It was great because it felt like we got to try more this way.

I give Tapa Gitana 4 dragonflies their food was so tasty, and flavorful. There were so many GF options that were no fuss to order. The staff is so friendly and nice and I can't wait to go back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment