Saturday, January 11, 2014

Broccoli Cheddar Quiche

I like quiche, who doesn't? I mean if you can have eggs and dairy it's a flaky pot pie crust with breakfast goodness inside.

I originally wanted to pick one up at Sweet Ali's but they were out of all but the spinach cheese one. I'd gotten a request from our group that spinach doesn't exactly agree with one of the hosts for our party. I was able to pick up a gluten free crust at Whole Foods it came in a nice 2 pack, so I can make a 2nd quiche later.


Ingredients:

1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust
1-1/2 cups  Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 pkg.  (8-10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
4 eggs
1-1/2 cups  half-and-half
 
Directions:
Prepare pie crust by baking for 10 minutes at 350. Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly onto bottom of crust. Top with a layer of broccoli.

PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
 
Mix eggs and half-and-half with wire whisk until well blended; pour over ingredients in crust. Add another layer of cheese on top of the mixture. 

 
BAKE 45 to 50 min. or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 min. before serving. 



While fussing over making the crust my dad mentioned he doesn't think he's ever had a quiche! Over all everyone at the party Loved it! I know it's for real because the one person doesn't know how to politely tell you something is awful, and he really was raving how he enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment