Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sticky Fingers Gluten Free Scones

I always have good gluten free finds at Homegoods. On a recent trip I found Sticky Finger Scones gluten free scones in Blueberry, lemon and apple. My first thought was it's been so long since I've had scone, these are worth a try.



Wow - These were super easy to make, and very tasty. My brothers comment was "They taste like real scones, a little dry, dense and tasty, not that gluten free gritty with funny taste." I was laughing at that comment. Like all gluten free mixes they just about kept their shape and size of the dough lump I plopped on the pan.

It's just over 3/4 cup of water and 3 tablespoons of oil. I used Olive Oil instead of Vegetable oil like the package asked for. I also had to bake them a little longer than the box asked for by about 6 minutes so they were a little more golden brown. 

These made a great breakfast treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment