Thursday, January 16, 2014

Chipotle Gluten Free On the Go

I guess I haven't thought about writing about Chipotle because I just about live there. I mean I could eat there every day if needed, and some weeks I just about have!!

This photo doesn't do justice to the amazing wonder known as a burrito bowl. It's basically everything that goes into a burrito; but in a bowl, sans the flour shell. They have a nice variety of meats; steak, barbacoa, carnitas, chicken, and if you are in Chicago, sofritas, which is seasoned tofu. It gives everyone a nice variety to change up their meal each time. Though honestly, I never do, I basically get the same meal each and every time.

My 2nd favorite to the burrito bowl are the hard shell corn tacos. They can do soft shell corn tacos now, but they warm the tortilla's in the same press that warms the flour tortilla's so you have major CC issues there. I go with the tacos when I'm not quite as hungry, the burrito bowl is a lot of food, at least for me it is. 

I like that I can watch my food go down the line and tell them right then and there what to add. I can see the ingredients, (Which is where I make my choice between steak and barbacoa. some days the steak is so red, I can't handle it.) You can also tell them how much or how little of an ingredient to add.



What I love is if you tell them you have a gluten intolerance and you need them to change their gloves,they do, no questions asked. ingredients that miss the bowl/tortilla/shells are whisked on to the floor off the preparation surface, and not back into the topping bin.

You can also get chips and guacamole, or chips and salsa as a side snack. I just wish they gave you more guacamole for the chips, because it's so tasty. Some locations are equipped with liquor licenses and you can get a margarita to go with your meal. 
The first few times I came here I thought their meat and salsa were too spicy, either it's grown on me or it's not as hot these days. 

I give them 4 dragonflies, if they didn't have those pesky flour tortillas' they'd be the top of my 5 dragonfly list. Those tortilla's can cause CC issues, but for the most part I've never had a CC issue here.

No comments:

Post a Comment