Sunday, May 17, 2015

Are Mike's Hard Lemonade's Gluten Free

Another Great Loaded question - Are Mike's Hard Lemonade's Gluten Free... Well No - Not Gluten Free, but gluten removed. Like any gluten removed, or made on shared lines with gluten containing ingredients it's up to each of us to decide what is best for us. Personally I've never had an issue with a gluten removed beer like Omission 

I do love me a Mike's at bowling as it's the only GF option they have. I've mentioned before I WILL NOT Drink beer on tap, why I've gotten sick from it. Why? Well the bar has to take the time and effort to really clean the lines to the kegs and you have to hope the keg is on a dedicated line, and there is no sharing in the tapping process.... Too much effort and too many questions to ask the bartender. Give me a drink in a bottle I know I'm safer that way.

I was told that Mike's lite's were safe at one time so I tried it, and didn't react, so for the last 3 years it's been my drink of choice when wine, or gf beers weren't available... Never reacted... Yet if I have a crumb of gluten with something I'm in gut wrenching pain, why?? I wish I knew, but Here you can get the scoop from their website. OR below you can read on the information they handed out at the GFAF Expo as they tested their products. 



As with any Gluten Removed item it is made with grains that contain gluten, and processed to remove. Similar to the process Cheerios is using to clean oats before using them in the new GF Cheerios, or how Schars uses Wheat Starch in their GF items the initial grain is present and then reduced to what is considered safe. Celiac Disease and Gluten Intolerance are not a cookie cutter disease and it is up to each of us to know how exactly to handle our tolerances. While we may not feel sick from something it can still be doing damage to your intestines.

No comments:

Post a Comment