- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup of your favorite smooth peanut butter (I used Trader Joe's)
- 2-3 teaspoons lime, juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce, and some extra for cooking the veggies
- 2 teaspoon honey or agave
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 chicken breasts cooked and chopped up
- 2 cups of each/any of your favorite Stir-fry veggies.
- 3 cups of Rice Noodles (I used these Tinkyada's White Rice noodles)
- 2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 cups Chow Mein Noodles
I took all the ingredients at the top and mixed them all together with my electric mixer. I played with the water amount to determine how thick I wanted the sauce, for thinner sauces add more water and soy sauce. I threw in about half a cup of the chopped peanuts.
I started the chicken cooking, while I sautéed the veggies in a frying pan, with some oil and the gluten free soy sauce. Once the chicken was done, I chopped it into small pieces and added to the veggies.
I put the pasta on to cook while finishing the veggies, and chicken. Once they were done I threw them into a big bowl and mixed the pasta in. I poured about half the sauce in, and mixed everything up. I left the rest of the sauce, the chopped peanuts, and chow mein noodles on the table for everyone to add more as they would like.
The meal turned out amazing! It was so tasty. My boyfriend said it turned out to be more of Thai meal, and that it passed his peanut sauce taste test. Yay! my family said they wouldn't mind if I added this into our meal rotation, and even came up with some more veggies options they'd like to add. I love when meals come together and everyone likes them! While doing all of this, I was also whipping up a batch of King Arthur brownies, which made the kitchen smell amazing, peanut butter, and chocolate, can't go wrong!
I forgot to take a picture the day we made this the first time, so here is a photo when we made lettuce wraps, using the peanut sauce, as well as having it for a side dish with the rice noodles.