Thursday, July 11, 2013

Dogfish Head Tweason'Ale

Here we go again with my repressed love for craft beer, since we are coming up on the weekend. I happen to still have several breweries on my Facebook feed, and I happen to catch a headline from Dogfish Head that they created a gluten free beer a couple years back. I was excited, so I went to my local Binny's Beverage Depot (Their slogan is If it's not at Binny's it's not worth drinking. I don't always agree with that, but hey us Celiac's a picky!) and they didn't have it. I was disappointed, I tried several other locations and no luck. It took a few weeks for me to find it in a Binny's location. It wasn't with the other gluten free beer, it was in the section with the other Dogfish Head brews.

Dogfish Heads, Tweason'ale beer is made with a sorghum base and has molasses and strawberry notes, and a hint of buckwheat honey.If you don't know Dogfish Head already, they are quirky and fun and nothing ordinary about any of their brews.


It's not your run of the mill beer, that's for sure. You get a sweet note from the honey and fruit in it. It over all is light and for me is a great summer time beer. It's available in the early Spring, around March. I usually stock up and get several four packs so when the weather gets warmer, I can enjoy a couple bottles out on the patio when grilling.

My boyfriend has mentioned it's not his favorite gluten free beer, but he does like more traditional beers, and not so much on the fruit beer side of things. In a way it reminds me of Berryweis, but a little more fruity.

I really like that their website let's you drill down to the specific brew you want, and can look for just that beer on their location finder page.

No comments:

Post a Comment