Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Prairie Moon All American Dining.

The city of Evanston has some pretty stellar options for dining out gluten free. Partly I think because they are so the heart of Northwestern University, my dad's alma matter. But it's a hip happening place, without a shortage of places to check out. This weekend we went to a party at Prairie Moon All American Dinning.

The location is off the beaten path and behind most of the popular dinning and shopping. But there is parking on the street in front of the restaurant, and there is a lot across the street. This place is much bigger than it looks with extra rooms that can be opened up, pool tables, dart boards, and a nice outside patio, which was Way to cold to check out at this time. The cool lights and swanky drink selection make this place seem really fun. They had several gluten free ciders on display and not the run of the mill selection. 


I asked if they had a gluten free menu, the waiter knew they had a menu but had to find where it was. After some deliberation and fussing about the waiter came back with recommendations per the chef because they couldn't find the menu. Looking at the menu it seemed like there should have been more options that were naturally gluten free, or could be easily modified. But I didn't press the issue, there were a lot of good looking, "loaded" salads that I went with one of those. Some of the small plates were tasty looking so I took down the info to make them at home. 


I give them 3 dragonflies over all, I feel there was more to their gluten free menu, but it wasn't posted online, nor was there any mention of gluten free options. So the lack of a physical menu was annoying, and made me a bit nervous to be too adventerous in trying more. I would like to go back and give it another try; there are lots of options for any type of food so it shouldn't be too hard to find someone who wants to check it out with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment