Monday, March 30, 2015

Product Reviews Are Back!


I’ve come to the conclusion that some gluten free food makers feel that people who eat gluten free have no taste buds, that would be the only explanation why they would name an item something people would be excited over. They get them to buy it, (money in their pocket) and try it… And realize it falls way short of being anything that they would ever buy again. Sadly this happens A lot with gluten free products.They need more Non-GF taste testers to ask them if they'd eat these products to support their loved ones. Then I think we'd get a big fat, No this is awful for a lot of stuff!! 

Mikey’s Muffins would be one of them. These are hardly English Muffins. I’d call them way too sweet almond flour cakes. That would be a lot more accurate. I couldn’t add enough cream cheese to make them taste good. These go on the Never buying again list. Now I need to figure out who to pawn the last 3 of these off on, cause if someone gave them to me, I’d wonder what I did to piss them off!!


L’Eggo my Eggo, actually go ahead and keep it! These seem to have a funky after taste, and I’ll be honest, I don’t know what it is. I’ve tried these twice now, for certain, more syrup the better for hiding the taste. But overall I’ll stick with my Van’s waffles. Those tasted like waffles, with no funny after taste. The unfortunate part is Eggo even had 8 waffles in the box, not just 6 like Van’s. 



FruityDyno bites and Coco Dyno bites. These are a generic version of Fruity and Cocoa pebbles that can be found even at the Dollar Tree. I have to say these were quite Tasty sweet, but good. They were very satisfying for a quick breakfast before leaving the house. Now I've seen them at the grocery store as a generic to Fruity Pebbles as well. I'll be honest I never paid much attention to the regular cereal aisle until recently. I do find some irony in the parent company being Malt O Meal....



MindfulDelights – Found some products by this company one day at the Natural Foods store. I wasn’t sure what to think, and held off getting any. But I found an Apple Pie on Pi Day so I had to get it. What a nice surprise how awesome it was!! It said you didn’t need to heat it, but I love warm apple pie. So I heated it up, and my boyfriend and I shared it. I was sad I shared – I wanted more!! Plus they are a local to Chicagoland company out of Sycamore, IL!!


GeeFree – Spanikopita – Can I just say these rock. I can’t wait to try their puff pastry sheets after trying the spanakopita. They were light and fluffy like they should have been, and they didn't have a staunch after taste. They honestly were good. Even my not GF boyfriend was giving me the nod of approval while he stuffed his face. There 12 in a box which was filling enough for our munchies.


Glutino's has been serving the gluten free community for over 30 years. They have been providing hard to find items and bringing new items out to help stay front of mind as new competition has come around. If you ask me; their caramel pretzels are a great way to do that in the ever expanding pretzel options out there!


One last review for today - Udi's breakfast burritos, I like Udi's bread, I like Udi's Muffins, I even like Udi's Cinnamon Rolls. I did not like their breakfast Burrito's. Why not? Well the tortilla was gummy, and there wasn't enough filling to make it worth it. I hate throwing away food, so I mustered through it with extra cheese on top. But won't be buying these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment