Saturday, January 31, 2015

Gluten Free Beer Cheese Dip Ala Cindy

This would be a GREAT Super Bowl dip!! I love this one - Use any beer you like, or works for you. I would recommend an IPA or one that has a full beer flavor. 

Here is another family favorite recipe that I adapted to make it gluten free after being diagnosed. We sat there and thought can we do it gluten free? Sure use a gluten free beer! I had to go back to the dips originator a friend of my brothers to get a half recipe because the original makes a LOT of dip. She was shocked that I was still making her dip since I've been GF since she has a gluten free friend she wanted to make it for herself, so we shared out gluten free hack. Here is the gluten free adapted version. 

I used Omission beer which gave the dip a very similar to the original, we'd made it with Redbridge and it was ok, we figure Prairie Path or New Grist would give a similar full beer taste to it as well. Pick wisely you want a full beer flavor to get the best taste. 



Ingredients:
1 8oz Package of Cream Cheese
1 Cup Sharp Cheddar
½ Package of the Hidden Valley Ranch (or .4oz package)
¼ Cup Beer.

Directions:
Mix all the ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve. I recommend making the night before so that you get a more full flavor of the beer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment