Monday, March 27, 2023

Independent Coffee Shop Schaumburg

 A while back I heard of a cute independent coffee shop near where I live, over in Schaumburg. I was trying to see where Holcomb Hollow had a shop, but discovered they have their products at other places, like coffee shops. We went to check out Green Joe Coffee, One of the great things with them is a whole pastry case of items that are gluten free. Not just 1-2 chocolate based items like cookies or brownies, they have a selection of muffins, scones, bars, donuts, you name it. 

On a more recent visit I inquired on more filling food options, and the barista mentioned that they could do their avocado toasts on a gluten free bagel! I was super excited by the option, because it was was a nice treat and more filling than just a doughnut or scone. The only thing I would like we be an addition of bacon or scrambled eggs, but I understand the most of their breakfast items are pre-made, so not an add on option. They have a few options for avocado toast options the basic one is so good, along with a nice flavored cup of coffee is perfect. They were out of bagels on a recent visit, which made me sad, cause I really had a taste for an avocado toast and were left trying to figure out what to get instead. 

Their coffee seems like it's changed over the last couple years, because it's less bitter an more tasty. Their social media along with Holcomb's note when specialty GF items will be in the store. The shop highlights items for sale from local artists. So there is always something to check out for small independent shopping while having a tasty drink and a snack.

I give them four out of five dragonflies. I'd like a little more topping on the Avocado toast, and maybe a couple more items as options, but the tasty pastries and great independent coffee really draw me here for a chat with friends over coffee. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment