Monday, March 6, 2023

Craft Urban - Geneva

Had a day out with my mom, and she was up to trying something new. She also wanted to go wine tasting, so I decided to take her to Craft Urban, since Geneva Winery is right down the road. Two birds, One stone, and everyone is happy! 

I'd seen Craft Urban pop up on the Find Me Gluten Free App. I was intrigued by the menu, because they had fried cheese curds as an appetizer. I mean, heaven in a bowl! That was the must order item when we first sat down, as we got settled. I was slightly confused when the bowl showed up, as there was more than just cheese curds fried up. There were fried pickles, onions and peppers in the mix, and were a nice accent to go with it. 



Next we both ordered the Pot Roast, which came out looking tasty and fancy looking. My cut of pot roast was super lean, my mom's not so much which she was displeased over. But I always feel is a risk with pot roast. The carrots and potatoes were also nice and soft and full of flavor. 

Since we were there on a Wednesday, they had half price cocktails and wine. So naturally I had to try the Old Fashion. It was a bit strong, but very tasty. 

Everything was tasty, on my end. Mom was upset her pot roast was fatty, but I am really looking forward to coming back with some other friends and getting more cheese curds! 

I give them a five out of five for the options and unique ways to enhance the different entrees.


After dinner we went over to Geneva Winery, to do a flight. I was disappointed they had done away with their wine listing menus. Now you must use your phone to look thru and read the wine descriptions. I personally don't have a large phone so trying to scroll back and forth to pick wines was a lot more difficult, and ultimately didn't love the flights we picked out. I've never been to a winery that doesn't want to make it easy to see what wines they have, and be able to compare descriptions. Previously we'd been there and also had some great cheese with our wine. While they didn't have gluten free crackers, they told me to bring any crackers I want on my next visit. Their cheese selection was rather large and tasty too!

 So I'm going to give them a four out of five due to the lack of menu to easily read.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment