Saturday, February 28, 2015

Blonde Chicken

I have nick-named this dish, Blonde Chicken because, well while making my shopping list at work I completely forgot one of the main ingredients from the original recipe.... So I went shopping, I'm unloading the groceries, and realized what I was missing. So I made-do and moved on!

But this dish was super easy to make, and the part that took the longest was honestly grilling the chicken.

Ingredients:
4 - Chicken Breasts
4 Slices - Provolone Cheese
1 Bag - Fresh Spinach
1/2 Cup - Chopped Pecans
2 Tablespoons - Sliced Scallions 
2-3 Cloves - Garlic
1 1/2 Tablespoons - Oil
1 Teaspoon - Chicken Seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash)
1 1/2 Cups - Chopped Mushrooms (optional)

To start pour the oil in your frying pan, add garlic and onion and let saute while you start to grill up the chicken breasts on a separate grill or in a separate pan. 

After a few minutes add pecans, and (mushrooms if using) to the pan with the garlic and onions and continue to saute, until pecans and mushrooms are soft. Add the spinach at this time. I added slowly so that the pan wasn't overwhelmed with spinach trying to cook. 

Add chicken seasoning to the chicken breasts as you start to grill them in their pan.

Stir the saute and rotate the chicken as needed until the chicken is close to done (within 2-4 minutes of completion), add the provolone cheese so it can begin to melt. 

Place chicken on plate, and top with the spinach mixture. So Simple!! 



I added Trader Joe's Mac and Cheese for a side dish, and some fruit. Considering I was so excited initially about the mushrooms, to completely forget them... This still turned out pretty darn tasty! Plus really the longest thing to make in this whole meal was the mac and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment