Monday, February 9, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bites

Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bites. I had a craving for buffalo chicken - This seems to be a regular occurrence for me. I don't know what it is, I guess it was a favorite way to get chicken in my Pre-Gluten Free Days, but now, having a kitchen I can experiment on my own recipes I can go crazy with it!

This one I had some confusion on the initial recipe so I ended up making some edits as I went, and my only downside on it would be The quinoa needed to cook a touch longer.

Ingredients: 
1 Cup - Quinoa. 1 Large Egg
1/4 Cup -  chopped scallions
1 Cup - chopped cooked chicken (I used the chicken in the can)
1/2 Cup - Frank's Buffalo Sauce
1/2 Cup - Blue Cheese crumbles
1/2 Cup - Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic
Pinch of Salt and pepper.

This is the easiest thing ever! 
Cook the quinoa, make sure it's nice and fully. 

Take all the ingredients and mix them all together in a bowl. (How simple) 
Once everything is mixed together, scoop into mini cupcake pans. Pressing down to make sure each pan is full. For me this made just over 24, so I used all 3 of my cupcake tins. 

Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. When I turned over the cupcake tin, the bites fell right out. I got some frozen mixed veggies and french fries, and dinner was served.
Viola! I have to say this was the first meal in a while that I made, that had so much color to it. My boyfriend joked that it looked so "Southwestern" with all the orange, and yellow and green. I have to say, it was a pretty meal, AND pretty tasty!!


I've made a similar dish, but with peperoni and mozzarella cheese as the main ingredients, with a side of pizza sauce... That one may make a new appearance soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment