Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Corkscrew and Meatballs!

I had a total craving for spaghetti and meatballs. I was thinking about how to make paleo meatballs, and found my favorite breadcrumbs while at Bed Bath and Beyond (I know, random) so I grabbed a container of Aleia's breadcrumbs to have on hand, so this just made complete sense to try out! 

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Lbs - Ground Beef
1 - Egg
3 Tablespoons - each, Basil & Parsley
1/4 Teaspoon- each salt and black pepper
1 Teaspoon - Oregano
2-3 Cloves - Garlic
3/4 Cup - Gluten Free Breadcrumbs 
1/2 Cup - Mozzarella cheese, shredded. 

The easy part is you take everything and mix it all together in a big bowl. I recommend mixing by hand, it's just easier.

Using a Tablespoon make a ball out of the mixture about the size of a tablespoon and roll between your hands and place on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Do this for all of the meat in the mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees, for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes you'll rotate the the meatballs and cook for another 10 minutes so both sides get cooked evenly. You'll notice a lot of the grease from the meat will run out while baking. While waiting take another cookie sheet and line with a clean foil. Take the meatballs out and place on the clean foil, so you aren't continuing to cook them in the grease that's baked out. you'll bake for a final 10 minutes. 

While this was cooking I was working on making my pasta and sauce. I used a bottle sauce for a time saver, and my favorite, Ancient Harvest Quinoa Pasta



What a pretty meal?! I was in a total over achieving mood and even made Chebe brand bread rolls, I added some Garlic powder to the mix so that we got a bit of a garlic bread taste to go with our Italian meatballs and pasta! 



No comments:

Post a Comment