Friday, March 30, 2018

Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan French Fries!

I'll admit this is the first time I made French Fries from scratch. My mandolin only does hash browns so I had to manually chop the potatoes for this, which wasn't that difficult.

Ingredients:
2 Baking Potatoes
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 Tablespoon Garlic seasoning
1/4th Cup Grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:  
Peel the potatoes and chop in half width wise. Chop each half into smaller "French Fry size" pieces and toss in a medium size bowl. You will sprinkle with the oil and mix the potatoes well. Coat potatoes with seasoning and cheese, and toss into the air fryer basket. 

I cooked these at 370 degrees in the air fryer for 15 minutes, shake up the basket and set for another 15 minutes. I checked after 8 minutes, shook the basket again and let it finish up the other 7 minutes.

They turned out really good. It was only after this I was reading the cookbook that came with my Air Fryer. (I was to excited to use it I forgot to read the cookbook) I saw that they recommend you soak the potatoes in water for 30 minutes before cooking. I felt like you could skip this step, especially if you like your fries crispy but like steak fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment