Sunday, June 8, 2014

Salsa 17 Gluten Free

Salsa 17 is tucked away in downtown Arlington Heights in the former Fuego restaurant. It's a nice upscale Mexican restaurant that offers a variety of items on the menu. It's going to be hard for someone to not find something to eat, though deciding what they want might be the bigger issue. 
The specials menu lists gluten free right next to the item so it's easy to identify. Other items you have to request to the staff to make sure they are prepared gluten free. The staff can help guide what to get as well. Personally I prefer my own menu, but I figured I couldn't go wrong with fajita's. The waitress confirmed they would bring out corn tortilla's for the shells, instead of flour.

The bring out chips and salsa for each table. The chips were not fried there so they were safe, and the salsa didn't have any extra flour included. Personally I've never seen flour added to salsa, but I've heard people say they've been contaminated that way, so now I check.



Normally I don't get fajita's when we go out for dinner, but these looked exceptionally good. Sometimes I find traditionally Mexican food is too drowned in sauces, and I never was a sauce person. The fajita's hit the spot each time here.

The atmosphere is nice, loud fun. Though cold in the winter since all there are 2 walls of windows that open out in the summer time it's really drafty!  

Their food is so tasty, I can't say enough about this place! I would give them 4 dragonflies for their food options, presentation, and their knowledge of gluten in their menu items. 



Since starting to write this review from my last couple visits, there was a fire in the kitchen, and they are currently closed :(. I was very saddened to hear this their food is awesome. I hope they can come back kicking once the damage is cleaned up and start serving up more good food in Arlington Heights.  

No comments:

Post a Comment