Monday, November 6, 2017

Explorium Brewpub

While up in the suburb area of Milwaukee we found the Explorium Brewpub, in Greendale. They are a small brewery inside the Southridge Mall, in the upper level by Macy's. They have a cute outdoor seating area, with an outside bar and fire pit. we opted to sit inside, cause winter is coming quickly here in the midwest! They brew their own beers, but unfortunately, none of their beers they brew on premise are gluten free. They did have an option of Green's Gluten free beer in bottles or a cider on tap. I never drink beers or ciders on tap, because you can't be certain of the lines and tappers having been cleaned well enough before the gluten free option was placed on the line. So I went with a Greens.
Squeaky Cheese with Hop Oil
Their menu is pretty awesome. They had lots of gluten free appetizer options, buns for burgers and crusts for pizza. They did have a couple items that made me scratch my head, you can get Gluten Free crackers with the Ale cheddar dip... But the dip isn't gluten free... My brother got there before us and got a table, asked the gluten free questions. When the server came over with our drinks she told me "I know you're gluten free and it's an allergy and I'm not even your server!" 


They have wings, which are gluten free, and fries are in their own fryer, (Yay!) there is 1 wing option a BeerBQ option that is NOT gluten free. We went with the medium buffalo, it's a mix of traditional buffalo and a BBQ flavor. So tasty, and tangy. We also got an order of mussels. We're not big fish fans, but my fiance and I do both like mussels. The only issue is the mussels came out with a huge chunk of bread on top. The moment I pointed it out to the waitress that it was an issue, she agreed they would remake my dish completely, to ensure there was no allergy reactions. She came back twice while we ate our wings to ensure us that they were remaking it and that she was so sorry for the mix up. 


Over all our meal was enjoyable, and we do want to make a trip there again, cause the food was tasty there were lots of options, I did not get the fries this time, so next time I will have to! The staff was really good at knowing and understanding gluten free, and happy to make sure it's done correctly. I give them 5 dragonflies cause despite not being 100% dedicated they left me with a good feeling and I knew  I was being taken care of. 


No comments:

Post a Comment