Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Gluten Free in Las Vegas

Another trip to Vegas, more great and interesting Gluten Free Dinning Options! 

First and Foremost my Favorite West Coast Restaurant is coming to the strip. In-N-Out Burger!! A burger Protein or Animal style with a side of fries is enough to keep me happy when I'm on the West Coast, so I look forward to an easy trip to In-N-Out on my next Vegas trip! The new location will be in the Linq Promenade right next to Sprinkle's Cupcakes who make a great Gluten Free Red Velvet cupcake to top it off. You can't miss In-N-Out or Sprinkles as you walk towards the High Roller Wheel at the Promenade. 
Going to the opposite end of the states, there is a Wahlburgers in front of the Bally's Hotel in the heart of the strip. I'd read that they had gluten free options so we waiting the 40 minutes at lunch time on a Friday to get a burger. They have their own propitiatory recipe Gluten Free Buns! Even better, they tasted wonderful! I got a double burger with bacon and a root beer float. It was an amazing meal. They made sure to note allergy when delivering my food so I felt even better about eating there. 

Crossing over to TI (Treasure Island) From my hotel the Palazzo seemed like forever (3 walk ways, up and down and the chilly weather made it seem forever), but totally worth it for this pizza. Pizzeria Francesco's was so good my fiance asked if I was certain it was gluten free. What was amazing they took new ingredients to make the pizza, made them in their own oven separate from the other pizzas they were making, and when they came out, they went in back to a special pizza cutter, not the shared ones up front. The pizza was so good. They're only 10" personal pizza's so I got two. We finished both without hesitation!

Another Positive, there are several Chipotle locations on the strip now. So if you want something quick and familiar they're there in several locations. 

I was slightly miffed with Tao Las Vegas. While I've had good success with places on Find Me Gluten Free, I've had options fall flat. This one fell flat, even with 7 Positive reviews and so many "Celiac Safe" Reviews. Their menu has Gluten Free Labels but not all are "Celiac Safe" Because the Chicken powder (I'm assuming this is bullion) has barley, so not everything marked GF is really Gluten Free! The Steak, Thai Chicken, Chicken Pad Thai and Asian Street noodles all marked Gluten Free, Contain Barley!! The waitress started out asking if I had a gluten allergy or celiac, cause that would make a difference. She tried telling me with a gluten allergy I could have these items with barley in them. That made me mad! But she directed me on the "safe" options, and gave me a wrong item, but the note to the chef that I have Celiac he corrected the option by not adding the sauce. Personally I'm glad I tried this place, as I've wanted to try it each time I've been to Vegas, but I won't be going back. It was a very expensive for chicken and veggies with no sauce! There were

No comments:

Post a Comment