Saturday, October 24, 2015

Crockpot Chili for Two

As the weather is getting colder Chili always hits the spot. Plus in my house growing up on Halloween we'd go Trick-Or-Treating, come home to mom's chili, and then head out for more goodies once we warmed up! 

This was so easy it was dummy proof. So we’re not big on the set and forget, and go to work aspect of the crock pot. Set and forget, while at home, totally. So on my loving boyfriends work from home days I get up a little earlier prepare him breakfast, and set the crockpot for dinner. 


The day before you’ll need to brown your ground beef. I personally add a bit of garlic or onion powder to spice of the meat. 
  
Ingredients 
1 Can Joan of Arc Kidney Beans
1 8oz can of Contadina tomato Sauce
1 packet of McCormick’s Chili Seasoning
1 lb of Ground Beef
1 teaspoon of diced garlic
1 tomato Diced
½ a cup of water
Optional:
½ an onion diced
½ a green or red pepper diced
In the morning I combined everything, Ground Beef, seasoning packet, water, diced tomato, tomato sauce, garlic and kidney beans. Set the crockpot on low and let it simmer for 6 hours. If you are around while it's cooking I might suggest stirring every few hours. though it was fine not stirred when I came home, but the top was a little more well done then the rest.
 


The one issue was the water mostly cooked out, so I had to add about another ½ cup and simmer a bit longer when I was ready to serve.
 

Top with your favorite topping, Sour Cream and Cheese are my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment