Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tap House Grill Des Plaines Gluten Free

I really want to like this place! I do, I really do. But for my personal comfort with any restaurant I include customer service in my full review. If you can't treat your customers with respect, it makes me wonder how much you care about preparing the food safely.
Tap House Grill has been around the southwest suburbs of Chicago for some time now. Their newest location is in downtown Des Plaines, IL. Previously this location had a Cheeseburger in Paradise that had closed a couple years back. A lot of Des Plaines is vacant, the city is working on trying to revitalize the area, but it's a very slow process. I did notice reading menus online their other locations have varying menu's so be sure to check online for the location and if they have a gluten free menu. They may not!

We checked them out one day for lunch because they noted gluten free buns and several gluten free entree options. For the 5 of us at lunch our dismay was the 1.5 hour wait we had from the time we ordered our food, 3 burgers, a melt and mac and cheese. Only 1 gluten free burger in the bunch. Why such a long wait? They were still training the staff. (OK...)

We tried it another time to see if a few weeks they got their act together. Their menu is good, though some gluten free appetizers would be a good addition, since you're going to be sitting there forever once you order your entrees. Our server was very unaware of what salad dressings were gluten free, we ended up with a side of balsamic vinaigrette, which I wasn't a fan of. No other dressings are GF. They have gluten free buns for burgers and sandwiches, as well as 3 salads and a few entrees. No dessert options. our salads and soup came out about 5 minutes before our meal, not sure what took so long, since we didn't get any gourmet food on this round.

If dinner wasn't the longest slowest (OMG I was so hungry) meal waiting for our food I could have given them a higher rating, I could have moved up to a 3 dragonfly rating. But Waiting Forever, waiting on our server to come up with answers and waiting for her to ever show back up to the table was too much for me. Heck asking for ketchup if my brothers girlfriend actually waited for the ketchup to arrive before she started to eat he food would have been cold by the time she started.

No comments:

Post a Comment