Saturday, June 14, 2014

Hashbrowns Cafe

Oh Hashbrowns how I love thee. I have to say my favorite part of going to Hashbrowns are the sweet potato hashbrowns! The last time I was there, I was excited to see that they now label their gluten free options on the menu too.

Hashbrowns is Always busy on the weekends. It doesn't matter if it's warm, cold, snowing, there are people waiting to be seated. It's a nice cozy little place with lots of tables crammed in. Service is always great and attentive. They have a very attractive menu to most, gluten free it is a bit limited. They do not fluff their omelet batter, so omelets are on the table! Their omelets have a special Chicago flair to them naming them after neighborhoods and streets in the city, with stereo-typical add ins that fit each area.


My favorite go to dish is always the egg nachos. Once I've switched it up and got an omelet, that accompanied 100 questions to the server on prepping and how the omelets are made. The big thing we go for no matter what we order, are the sweet potato hash browns. I don't know many places that do sweet potatoes for hash browns, so it's a nice treat. I would consider them a little dive on the old Maxwell street market, and a great place to bring out of town friends that's not all glitz and glam of Michigan Ave.


Honestly if you aren't too picky about breakfast, and you are prepared you may have to wait to be seated, the food is tasty. The crazy business does make me fret a bit that my meal is being taken care of correctly, especially with long waits and so many people. I've never been sick, they are super understanding when I mention my issues with gluten, and always check back to make sure you're doing alright. I give them 3 dragonflies, over all.


No comments:

Post a Comment