Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pinched Mediterranean grill Gluten Free-able

Pinched Mediterranean Grill in Lombard is a cute little family run place, that has amazing tasting gluten free options. Their menu board has everything that has wheat marked with a little stalk of wheat. It's great because they have a lot of gluten free options! I was a fan of this place when they opened up a couple years ago, and recently they added a bonus to the menu, gluten free pita's! Whoot Whoot, now they're more like Roti. The one thing that kills me, is it's an extra $3 for a gluten free pita, $3 can buy you a whole bag of regular pitas. 

Generally I go with the plate, salad is an option too, and now a regular pita as well, but there is something about tearing a part the pita bread and eating it as a side that i adore. 

The menu even walks you thru what, and how to order, pick a meal, plate, pita or salad, then pick your protein. (Falafel is the only not-gf protein in their list) Then you pick 3 sides to go with your meal, and a sauce to top it off.


This was the first place I tried Mediterranean food, I was a little apprehensive at first, heck I didn't know what it was! The lovely lady who is always at the counter walked me thru what the best items to get for the plate were, and which sides and sauces went best together. I highly recommend checking them out for a quick meal, which very friendly service. One of our trips the server brought out my meal with a pita on top, the lady in charge quickly had them remake my meal sans the pita, and gave the chef a stern lecture on making sure it was gluten free. I give them 4 dragonflies they have a very flavorful entree selection as well as great options to choose from. By no means will you leave here hungry!

2 comments:

  1. I was very happy to find your gluten free blog. I am just starting a blog that is primarily focused on northwest suburban restaurants. My site is still in construction. I'd love to subscribe to your blog, but didn't find a way. Love to hear from you.
    Thanks, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to check it out, it is somegoodglutenfreechoices.com

    ReplyDelete