Friday, December 6, 2013

Pumpkin Pie

I was diagnosed right before Thanksgiving, 3 years ago. Right away we all started to wonder, is there gluten free pumpkin pie, and where do you find one? We had heard about Rose's Wheat Free Bakery in Evanston, so we ventured over and got a pie for me from there.  It was good, the crust was a bit tough but it was something, which is better than nothing, and I just couldn't do a crust less pumpkin pie. Something about the texture reminded me of, well dog food is a not so graphic description.

By the time Thanksgiving 2012 came around I had discovered Sweet Ali's Bakery in Hinsdale, following them on Facebook I saw they had a post, pre-order your pumpkin pies so we don't run out! We made sure to order several pumpkin pies, a quiche, some pumpkin cupcakes, and some cinnamon rolls. Their pumpkin pie was delicious and made a note to order early again in 2013 to make sure I could get a pie. They also have them in the frozen section in several local stores like Fruitful Yield.

This year Whole Foods opened a new store closer to me, and while checking out the store we saw a sign for ordering your Thanksgiving dinner, including pumpkin pie. We talked about it and decided it was worth checking them out, at least we would know if it's any good and it was much closer to home to pick up the day before Thanksgiving. 


In our house you can't have pumpkin pie without whipped topping! Oh it makes it so yummy!


For convenience I'll stick with the pie from Whole Foods, but if I find myself near Sweet Ali's I may not be able to resist theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment