Honestly I'm not sure I ever had stuffed peppers growing up. So I found it interesting i started to crave these one day. 1st off the Green peppers are the cheapest of the large bell peppers to buy. But the other colors looked so yummy I had to try them out. But you can use any color pepper you want.
- 1 cup of Rice (Cooked and cooled)
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 tsps garlic salt
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 cup your favorite shredded cheese
- You will want to boil the peppers for about 15 minutes to make them softer.
- While boiling the peppers, brown your meat, and dispose of the grease. You want the meat cooked before you bake the peppers.
- Once you've drained the grease, add Garlic Salt, Basil, corn and mushrooms to the pan and cook a little longer.
- Heat up the sauce and half the diced tomatoes.
- Once the meat has cooked another 10 minutes mix in the rice and the balance of the diced tomatoes.
- You can now "Stuff" the filling inside the peppers. Make sure to really fill in the bottom of the peppers.
- Cover the top of the pan with foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- After 15 minutes remove the foil, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes.
Once the peppers are done the sauce will be warmed up, you can now serve the pepper and top with as much or as little tomato sauce as you please. Really the hardest part of this recipe is the time involved to cook each part before you actually make any stuffed peppers.