Monday, June 22, 2015

Going Wilde - Gluten Free

OK - I had to have a little play on words here. Wilde Bar and Restaurant is a sister restaurant to one of my favorite places in the city; Lady Gregory's. Lady Gregory's has an amazing menu for gluten free, and non-gluten free. There are many items on there my parents look forward to when we're in the city. I have to say they satisfy my bad for you food cravings. The menu at Wilde is very similar to Lady Gregory's; and uses the same "Gluten Freedom" of marking Gluten free dishes with a little flag so you have some more assurance that the correct meal is being brought out to you. 



That's huge in my book, it shows they care. they also have several different gluten free beer/cider options, and have a dedicated fryer for the sweet potato fries. (YUM!!). They offer Udi's buns so you can get a burger on a bun, and feel like you're having a normal meal. I like that they have a wide variety of items and I've never had anything that wasn't delicious.



We got an appetizer of the cheddar artichoke dip with toast points. They brought out toasted Udi's bread on the side and it was so good. The menu is similar, and the neighborhood is just as bumping as their sister restaurant. So either is a great choice when on the North Side.  



I give them 5 dragonflies, our server was attentive, she knew right away which GF beers were in stock, what my options where and asked if I had an allergy. I will go back and I recommend anyone else trying it out. I mean They have bacon mac and cheese, how can you go wrong with that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment