Friday, August 29, 2014

Carrabba's Italian Grill

Here is another place that you don't have to twist my arm to go for dinner Carrabba's Italian Grill. Technically they have 2 locations in the Chicagoland area.... Just not near me, so we don't get here very often. It was semi close to where I worked at my last job, so we could get there a little more often. Now for an Italian restaurant they do not do gluten free pasta, but that's OK, they have enough delicious items on the menu to make up for it.

My favorite dish is the Chicken Bryan all dishes come with a veggie on the side, in lieu of the pasta. You get a choice of soup or salad as a starter to your meal. The chicken soup is good, and can be served without the pasta. I do normally get the soup, I opted for salad the last time, because I was craving an appetizer with my meal.


I had to get the shrimp scampi, that alone I could give 5 stars to. The difference from the regular portion is it's served without the little garlic toasts. I may bring some Glutino bagel chips the next time and eat that with it, I think it would go very well!


My Favorite dish, Chicken Bryan who can turn down chicken with goat cheese and roasted tomatoes! When I ordered the server make sure to note it on the order that it was gluten free, and when the other server brought out the plate she announced again that it was gluten free before placing it down. That makes me feel extra comfortable that the chef was told and the meal was prepped properly. I was told come early 2015 their grill base will be updated so EVERYONE can get the grill base, that it will be made with Rice Flour instead of regular wheat flour. Little victories for the gluten free peeps!


I give them 4 dragonflies, their menu is very detailed on how to adjust items to make them gluten free, and the servers will re-iterate that information back to you when you place the order. They seem to really take care in the prep and presentation of the food when they bring it out to serve you.


No comments:

Post a Comment