I love mushrooms. Stuffed, fried, on pizza, pastas, on sandwhiches. Here is a quick side dish recipe that my whole family enjoys.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- 2 Extra large portobella caps
- Handful of spinach leaves (minus stems)
- 1 plum tomato diced
- Dash of Italian spices (Oregano, Garlic, Red Peper flakes)
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (or shredded Daiya if dairy free)
- Baking dish at least 1/2 deep (Juice from the mushrooms will drain out as they are cooked.)
Next you will mix your tomatoes and Italian spices together, and then lay them inside the mushroom caps, I like covering the whole inside to make them extra tasty.
You will then cover the tomatoes with the spinach and then with cheese.
Feel free to add as little or as much as you want for taste.
You will then bake them in the over for 20 minutes. Make sure to be careful taking the dish out of the oven, because of the juice from the mushrooms will be hot. Serve right away as a side dish to any meal!
It's a great dish to help satisfy a pizza craving, you could even add some pepperoni, or any other favorite pizza toppings!