Monday, April 17, 2023

Mission BBQ - Top Notch

Mission BBQ opened near to where we live, back prior to the pandemic, so we decided to check it out. We liked, the food was good, the service was good, but two things were drawbacks for us. They had mostly bench seating, and we had other places in the area that were better. But the pandemic put a bit of a wrench in our other options, so we opted to try Mission BBQ again now. They have a pretty comprehensive menu for gluten free on their website, which was super helpful!

1st thing we noticed when we got inside was there were more regular chairs and less bench seats, which was nice. Talking to the cashier who took our order, and he was able to confirm the only thing in the fryers was the French fries, so those were gluten free. He also flagged our entire order to have 'no cornbread', when our order was called, they confirmed 'no cornbread', I let them know, it was just my tray, and they could give the other trays cornbread. 

One of the servers came over and noted that he saw me staring at my phone while ordering, and offered to give us a to-go menu to look at for our next visit. When I told him I was looking at my phone for the allergy options, he went and got us a print out for the allergy options! He even went over options not on the menu, including the Chicago Sweet sauce being safe. Ultimately there was only 1 sauce that wasn't safe, and it was the mustard one. They even brought out containers of the Alabama white sauce, since it needs refrigeration, they don't keep it on the table. 

The meal was very good! We'd done a 3 meat sampler with brisket, sausage and pulled chicken, I got fries and my hubby got his fav, mac and cheese. They seemed to be very aware of keeping things separate and safe. They were even super nice and gave our friends free dessert, since it was their first time there. Unfortunately the dessert was not gluten free, which was sad, but I had dessert waiting for me at home.  Over I have to give them 5 out of 5 dragonflies, I would normally rate them down for a lack of a dessert option. But the number of meat options, sauce options and sides. I mean, they have French Fries, that's huge! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment