Friday, February 16, 2018

Tata's Perogi's Gluten Free Polish Food!

Being mostly Polish we'd indulge on some Perogi's and Paczki's every so often, especially when Lent would roll around each year. Perogi's were the hardest for me to give up, they were so tasty and had so many options, plus it was the strongest connection to my "culture" that I had for Polish Food. I was so excited when I saw an ad for Gluten Free Perogi's. I honestly didn't believe it at first. So I went in specifically to question them on if this was true information. I was so delighted to find out it really was!

Tata's Perogi Opened in 2016 in Elk Grove Village, I discovered them towards the end of the summer 2017. After talking with them about gluten free, what flavors they had, I brought a bag of frozen ones home. You'd have thought I was bringing home a bag of gold, I called my dad to tell him, I called my brother, I posted it on Facebook and told all my local GF friends where I got them, needless to say, I was excited! I made them the way my family always made perogi's fried with a lot of butter. They didn't disappoint! 

A few months went by, and with the hustle and bustle of the holidays and wedding planning we didn't get over there until recently again, when I had a long rough week at work and wanted comfort food, I convinced my fiance we'd go pick up food to go. He got a Gluten-full perogi sampler, and I got a Polish sampler with the perogi's sausage and potato pancakes, and some extra potato pancakes on the side. It was Heaven in a to go container! Not only was it delicious but it made me feel much better and less stressed out. 


For me the great part is we'd always do Perogi's for Friday's in Lent since we're not big "Fish eaters". So I can go back to enjoying Friday's in Lent and get some Potato and Cheese perogi's and some potato pancakes and be happy! The restaurant itself is a small "dive" with about 10 tables, cute decor and lots of Polish food options. I've made my parents curious to check it out. It's hard finding good Polish food, but especially in the suburbs, and Tata's is spot on for me. With flavor options, and menu choices they get 4 dragonflies from me for variety, and amazing food.~


No comments:

Post a Comment